Tuesday 3 September 2013

IKEA

  I've always been very suspicious of men who like shopping. Shops, to me, are places men are driven to by necessity, or are dragged to by their partners. I love IKEA, though. The stuff is displayed in a n interesting way. It's usually well designed - I walk along thinking 'Wow!'. It has amusing names, like 'Snott', 'Minj' or 'Arsse'. And all the stuff I've bought has been pretty tough. Most people bitching about IKEA furniture don't seem to have grasped the fact that you're not supposed to dismantle flatpack furniture.




  Even the steelwork looks nice...






  And check out this light. It's about three feet across. Reminds me of the 'Exploding Tableware' light in the design section of Manchester Art Gallery. Fantastic.


4 comments:

  1. I think IKEA at this moment in time has more interesting things to look at than Manchester Art Gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Do they still sell Swedish Meat balls after what happened with the horse meat incident?

      Delete
  3. Yep. Probably made of walrus now.

    ReplyDelete